Broccoli Dip with marinated sun-dried Tomatoes and Brazil Nuts
This is an interesting twist on the tasty broccoli dip - a veggie dip that is delicious and healthy at the same time.
This broccoli dip recipe has a lot of flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes, which give it a tangy, smoky note.
Broccoli is close to being a superfood: it has chemicals that are known to prevent cancer, and carries loads of antioxidants that help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Brazil nuts add a healthy dose of selenium to this veggie dip recipe, which is important for heart health. One brazil nut alone can fulfill the daily selenium needs, so just check your intake to keep it in healthy moderation.
Enjoy this delicious brocoli dip with your favorite whole wheat crackers, whole grain pita bread, or baked tortilla chips.
Great for: healthy snack, vegetarian (vegan)
Nutrients: protein, fiber, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins E, C, K, beta-carotene, iron, folic acid, calcium, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese
- 5 ounces soft silken tofu
- 4 ounces reduced-fat ricotta cheese (use equivalent in soft tofu for vegan version)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcester sauce (without anchovies)
- 10 ounces fresh broccoli, chopped, steamed soft, and drained
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes soaked, then cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon brazil nuts, chopped and toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk the tofu and ricotta cheese, garlic, and Worcester sauce together. Add the broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes. Chill for 1 hour.
- Garnish the broccoli veggie dip with brazil nuts before serving. Enjoy with whole wheat crackers or baked vegetable or tortilla chips.