Brussels Sprouts Chestnuts Recipe
Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts are a California favorite for the holiday season, but they are also enjoyed all over the world, like in Germany, where you can often find them with almonds.
California has a warmer climate during the winter and holiday season, and that is also reflected in their holiday meal traditions, which are often lighter.
Our Brussels sprouts recipe uses light olive oil and vegetable broth to keep this tasty dish light and healthy.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 1/4 cups chestnuts, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine Brussels sprouts and chestnuts in a large bowl. Add oil, salt, pepper, chili and mix well.
- Place sprouts into a baking pan and pour the vegetable broth over all ingredients. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the sprouts are tender.