Carrot Coleslaw With Red Cabbage And Ginger
This amazing raw carrot salad gets its intense flavor from a potent mix of sunflower and flax seeds.
The freshly grated ginger along with the maple syrup and fresh lime juice make it an irresistible salad that you can enjoy as a hearty snack or light appetizer.
Great for: heart healthy, healthy snack, low calorie, vegan, raw vegan, gluten-free
- 5 organic carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil or flax oil
- A pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Toss the carrots, red cabbage, sunflower seeds and flax seeds in a bowl.
- Prepare the dressing with the maple syrup, lime juice, ginger, oil, Balsamic vinegar and seasonings.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.
You can serve this fresh salad immediately or let it soak for 30 minutes.
Find additional tasty healthy appetizers here.