Chinese Spinach Recipe; Stir-Fry With Garlic And Tofu
This delightful and healthy Chinese spinach recipe is so easy to make! It's a great spinach stir-fry with tofu and garlic, which gets its flavor from the sesame oil and chiles used in this recipe.
I personally prefer Chinese water spinach in this recipe for a more authentic taste, but baby spinach will do just fine as well.
The fresh Thai chile peppers can also be replaced with chili paste, which you can find in all Asian grocery shops.
Serves: 4 / Ready in: 20 minutes
Great for: vegan, heart healthy, low calorie
- 2 bunches organic baby spinach or Chinese water spinach, washed and drained
- 1/2 pack firm organic tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped Thai chili peppers or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- Sea salt and freshly grounded black pepper
1. Heat the wok or large skillet on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons sesame oil. When it is hot, add the garlic and chili. Saute for a few minutes until the garlic browns slightly.
2. Then add the tofu cubes and stir-fry for another minute. Next add the spinach and stir until the leaves are slightly wilted.
3. Mix 1/4 tablespoon of oil with the brown sugar and stir it into the spinach tofu dish. Season with salt and ground black pepper to your taste and serve right away.