Chocolate Walnut Cake With Cinnamon
This is a tasty moist chocolate walnut cake that has no cholesterol and very little fat!
You can serve solo or with fresh fruits, non-dairy ice cream, vanilla sauce, or whatever your heart desires.
The antioxidants in cocoa keep the blood pressure down and the blood clotting risk low, which can help in stroke prevention.
The essential rule is: the darker the chocolate or the more concentrated the cocoa powder, the better it is for you.
Great for: heart healthy, low cholesterol, healthy dessert, low calorie, vegan<
Nutrients: saturated fat, fiber, protein, riboflavin, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, manganese,
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed sea salt
- 1 cup organic granulated raw sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions for chocolate walnut cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the sugar. Make a dent in the mixture's center and pour in the oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Stir and add 1 cup of cold water as you continue to stir. Beat the mixture until it is smooth, with an electric mixer or whisker. Then add the walnuts and distribute evenly.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 8-9 inch glass or ceramic baking dish, and place it into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Test readiness of cake by sticking a toothpick into the center of the cake. It is ready when the toothpick comes out clean.