Simple but always delicious. These ginger cookies have so few calories that you can eat a bunch without any remorse!
Since our vegan ginger cookies use soy margarine instead of butter, they are cholesterol-free and low calorie too.
Serves: 24 / Ready in: 30 minutes / Calories per serving: 49
Great for: heart healthy, low cholesterol, healthy dessert, vegan
- 1/4 cup soy margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions for vegan ginger cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mash soy margarine with a fork. Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Place spoonfuls of the batter onto an ungreased baking sheet, and press each one into a rounded shape. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.