Guacamole is loved by almost everyone and this recipe packs some extra spunk with the generous use of chilies - enjoy!
Great for: heart healthy, healthy snack, low calorie, vegan, raw vegan, gluten-free
Nutrients: fat, fiber, potassium, vitamins A, B6, and C, protein, copper, folate, manganese, phosphorus, zinc
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 6 scallions or 2 spring onions, finely cut
- 1-2 serrano chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper; or ground coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Scoop out avocados from the peel and put in a mixing bowl. Mash roughly with a large fork. Add the chopped scallions (spring onions), cilantro, lime, lemon pepper, and mash some more. Chili peppers vary in their hotness, so start with a half chili and work your way up from there as per taste.
- Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap to prevent oxidation until serving. Refrigerate until serving.