Healthy appetizers and easy vegetarian recipes for starters. Try some of these delicious and healthy vegan starters
Healthy Appetizers and Vegetarian Starter Recipes
Below are a few of our favorite healthy appetizers. This is a collection of easy vegetarian recipes for starters and appetizers across the globe from our multi-cultural family and friends. They include many fast and delightful small dishes that are heart healthy and low cholesterol too. Most of the dishes are vegan recipes, and where the use of dairy or eggs is described I have added the vegan version in brackets as well.
- Carrot Coleslaw - refreshing raw salad with red cabbage and grated ginger. A potent mix of sunflower and flax seeds gives this salad its great taste
- Raw Carrot Salad - with fennel, fresh mint leaves, and black basil seeds: a nutty crunchy, and very flavorful raw summer salad.
- Oriental Lentil Salad - a great vegetarian starter or snack recipe for cold or warm days.
- Tabouleh Salad - the wonderful mixture of greens and bulgur wheat make this a yummy and healthful appetizer at the same time!
- Gujarati Carrot Salad - a wonderful fresh and healthy vegan appetizer that can also be served as snack in-between.
- Pasta Salad with Mushrooms and Herbs is a healthy pasta appetizer that can also be offered as main dish. This tasty salad is colorful and full of fresh, tangy flavors!
- Chinese Hot and Sour Soup - vegan style! Thick and yummy with organic tofu, black mushrooms and cloud ears.
- Tom Yum Soup with Mushrooms and Tofu - this is the ultimate healthy soup treat for spice lovers. Not only does it taste wonderful, it can also heal the flu!
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup - what can be a better appetizer than a hot tasty soup to fight the cold weather?
- Masoor Dal Soup - India rocks when it comes to flavorful soups that provide sustenance and health benefits.
- Potato Soup with Mustard Greens - try this new twist on an old soup and appetizer favorite.
- Stuffed Mushrooms - a very tasty vegetarian appetizer recipe that creates tidbits loved by everyone around the table.
What is your Favorite Vegetarian Appetizer Recipe?
Do you have a yummy appetizer recipe that no one can resist?
No matter if it is vegetarian on purpose or by accident – we would love you to share it with us!
Let us know how you found or created the recipe, for what occasions you serve it, and what people say about it. Also make sure to add a great tasty picture if you have one!
The Best Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes Other Readers Have Shared
Find out what other tasty meat-free appetizers readers have shared with us. Get inspired and enjoy!
Indian Spicy Rasam Soup with Tomatoes and Tamarind
Rasam is a main staple in India, where it is used as a great flu, cold, and indigestion remedy. It can also be served as tasty soup, juicy side dish, or …
Arizona Bean Dip Not rated yet
This Arizona Bean Dip is a delicious vegetarian snack for any event, whether you watch your favorite sports team on TV, have a party with friends, or bring …
Green Chile Wonton Crisps Not rated yet
Small wonton wrappers stuffed with chopped green chiles and grated Monterey Jack cheese. This recipe serves 6 Ingredients: *12 wonton wrappers …
Get your FREE eBook Healthy Dieting Tricks
and Sneaky Diet Saboteurs!
Sign up for our free newsletterand you will receive instant access to our 8-page eBook Healthy Dieting Tricks and learn about:
- Healthy weight loss diet tricks and facts
- Useful shopping tips for healthy dieters
- The good, the bad, and the ugly food choices for healthy weight loss
- Our favorite diet saboteurs: Chocolate, Sugar, Sodas, Alcohol, Salt
- And more