Healthy Eating Plans That Can Prevent Or Reverse Major Diseases. These Healthy Diet Plans Will Ensure Your Optimal Health
What Is The Definition Of Healthy Eating Plans?
Healthy eating plans should basically provide you with wholesome nutrition that nourishes your body with all the vital nutrients that you need to get from food. That sounds easy enough, right? The catch 22 is that many of the foods that we think are important for our health also come with extra baggage that affects the opposite: it makes us sick.
I am talking about our love for animal foods, which provide nutrients like fatty acids, proteins, calcium, iron, and B vitamins - but at the same time give us unwanted saturated fat, cholesterol, hormones, and excess proteins. On top of that, animal foods don't provide any fiber, carbohydrates, some vitamins, or antioxidants.
There is a much better way to fill up on essential nutrients without having to juggle the good vs. the bad with compromises for your health: plant foods are far superior for a healthy eating diet plan than animal foods. They offer essential fatty acids, the right proteins, complex carbohydrates, all vitamins (except for B12), all minerals, fiber, antioxidants, phytonutrients - simply everything that our body needs to remain or to get into top health form.
What Healthy Eating Plans Are Not
The majority of the medical and nutrition community is still recommending low fat, low carb, "low this and that healthy diet plans" to improve your health, or even to address conditions such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
Fact is that they are merely scratching the surface with these incomplete healthy eating plans and nutrition guidelines: either because they simply don't know any better, or because they are influenced by nutrition choices or treatments that net a profit, i.e. cholesterol-lowering drugs.
A diet recommendation that tells you to replace red meat and processed meat with lean chicken and fish simply does not accomplish your health goals!
- If you want to protect your heart and arteries it is not enough to simply cut down on animal foods - you need to avoid them altogether (1).
- If you want to reverse or prevent diabetes, it is not enough to lower your blood sugar by avoiding simple carbohydrates - you need to bulk up on the complex carbs and fiber - only found in plant foods (2, 3).
- If you want to fend off cancer, beware that certain so-called healthy foods like dairy products actually promote tumor growth (4) - which most cancer diets don't tell you! Fat and hormone-rich meat and dairy products create ideal playgrounds for cancers of the breast, ovaries, prostate, colon, and pancreas (5).
- And if you want to ensure that your body's detox organs work optimally to protect you from the excess nutrients and toxins that we eat and inhale almost constantly, a healthy food plan for your liver and kidneys should be based on fruits, leafy greens and vegetables from the cruciferous and cabbage families (6, 7).
Reducing red or processed meats does not protect you efficiently from diseases. Replacing steak with lean chicken is a ludicrous attempt to lower saturated fat or cholesterol. Adding sea fish to your diet only increases your body's level of dangerous toxins. And the most hyped about animal foods, dairy products, increase your risk for cancer and osteoporosis - not reduce it.
This is why I recommend whole, unprocessed plant foods, as organic as possible, as ingredients for your healthy eating plan. It is also called a vegan diet plan. Finding these healthy foods and making affordable, delicious meals from them is much easier than you may think!
What Are Vegetarian Diets?
As already mentioned earlier on this page, the best protection for your health comes from food choices that don't carry extra bad baggage on top of their beneficial nutrients.
That is also why dairy products with their high calcium content will not protect you from bone loss and osteoporosis. Dairy products contain excess hormones, proteins, and cholesterol at the same time as calcium, which leads to other diseases or impairs your body's ability to use the dairy calcium.
Dairy products are nothing else but meat in liquid form and they have an even higher fat density than all animal flesh.
This is the reason why I recommend the fully plant-based, vegan diet as the best healthy diet plan. It is however important that your plant-based diet is well balanced and consists mainly of unprocessed whole foods.
It's entirely possible to be overweight or sick as a vegan - skipping animal products is only the first step, but making the right healthy food choices is equally important!
A balanced vegan diet can be the most successful healthy eating plan to prevent or reverse cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, kidney disease, obesity, and more (8, 9).
Get my eBook "Healthy Dieting Tricks
and Sneaky Diet Saboteurs" for FREE
Sign up for our free newsletterand you will receive instant access to my original 8-page eBook Healthy Dieting Tricks. Learn about:
- Healthy weight loss diet tricks and facts
- Useful shopping tips for healthy dieters
- The good, the bad, the ugly food choices for healthy weight loss
- Favorite diet saboteurs: Chocolate, Sugar, Sodas, Alcohol, Salt
- And more
Sign up here and
get my eBook
for FREE today:
(1) Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn on how to prevent and reverse heart disease: "Heart Attack Proof"
(2) Dr. Neal Barnard from PCRM about healthy eating plans and the groundbreaking study that shows how diet affects diabetes
(3) Helpguide.org on Diabetes Diet and Food Tips
(4) Dr. Colin T Campbell - The China Study
(5) PCRM Cancer Project - how diet affects certain cancers
(6) Global Healing Center: Foods for a healthy liver
(7) Livestrong: Foods to prevent kidney disease
(8) Cancer.gov: Diet related diseases
(9) Dr. John McDougall: Hot Topics - Health And Nutrition