How about healthy holiday recipes that are low fat and cholesterol-free? Make this year a cruelty-free, vegan holiday with delicious food that is heart-healthy too!
Healthy Vegetarian Holiday Recipes
Getting ready for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah or Christmas? Finding healthy holiday recipes is not always easy, but these delicious vegetarian holiday recipes will allow you to enjoy tasty meals without the nasty attacks on your waistline and cholesterol level.
So how about celebrating a holiday season without bemoaning the usual 5 pounds extra afterwards?
We have everything to satisfy your appetite with these healthy holiday recipes: from exciting heart warmers and low fat appetizers, to low calorie holiday entrees and delicous healthy desserts.
Our sumptuous healthy dessert and cookie recipes are all low fat treats that will leave no pangs of conscience behind.
Healthy cookie recipes are vegan cookie recipes - to get the maximum of taste and none of the bad cholesterol and saturated fat along with it!
Most of our healthy holiday recipes are already vegan, and if the original is a vegetarian recipe that calls for eggs and milk, I have also noted the vegan options next to it.
Holiday Heart Warmers and Snacks
- Ginger Tea with Toasted Pine Nuts - a hot aromatic delight from Asia that will keep you warm and fight off the flu.
- Gluehwein - German Mulled Wine - try this German specialty for the cold season: hot red wine with spices and aromas. Two sips and you can kiss your cold feet good-buy!
- Jagertee - this punchy hot and sweet drink keeps Germans smiling, even if the temperatures drop below 0 degrees.
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - a great healthy snack for your Thanksgiving leftover pumpkin seeds.
- Broccoli Dip with Marinated Sun-dried Tomatoes and Brazil Nuts - a healthy vegetarian holiday recipe that tastes great with crackers or baked tortilla chips.
- Firecracker Broccoli - these crispy greens with spicy sauce are everyone's party favorites!
Yummy Holiday Appetizers
- Stuffed Mushrooms - yummy mushroom tidbits that will please everyone and keep the calories low.
- German Lentil Soup - vegan style with tangy vinegar and hearty vegetables make this soup a wintertime favorite.
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup - what can be better than a hot tasty pumpkin soup to start off a festive meal? This one is has secret ingredients...check it out and be plesantly surprised!
- Potato Soup with Mustard Greens - try this new twist on an old favorite
Heart Healthy Holiday Entrees
- Butternut Squash Casserole - we make it with nutmeg and pumpkin spice to give this popular US holiday dish a little extra punch.
- Vegetarian Lasagna with Spinach and Mushrooms - this healthy holiday recipe with whole wheat pasta can be made vegetarian or vegan, and is sure to please even hardcore omnivores.
- Winter Risotto with Squash - a nice cold weather variation of this Italian favorite with brown rice to add nutrition to the delicate taste.
- Vegetarian Meatloaf - this healthy meatloaf is more than a vegetarian holiday recipe - it will be the centerpiece on your table and the talk of your party!
- Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts - as they like to enjoy it in California as part of their healthy holiday recipes. The aroma of the oven-baked sprouts and chestnuts will make your mouth water!
- Nutty Brussels Sprouts - the nutrient-packed small winter cabbage in best form, paired with flavorful almonds for a German taste delight.
- Red Cabbage Sweet and Sour - a healthy German staple that can be served as side or main dish. The right combination of sweet and sour is the secret this recipe's success.
Delightful Holiday Desserts
- Almond Carob Pudding - a healthy holiday recipe with all the chocolate sweetness of carob and none of the calories and cholesterol!
- Coconut Rice Pudding - a great festive dessert with origin in Asia.
- Chocolate Cinnamon Walnut Cake - this heavenly cake is made entirely without butter and eggs - it's delightfully moist and cholesterol-free!
- Pumpkin Custard Pie with Fat-free Pie Crust - a holiday favorite in its best form yet - all that taste with low fat and low sodium!
- Gingerbread - holidays without gingerbread are hard to imagine, but try this healthy vegan holiday dessert recipe for a brandnew experience!
Healthy Holiday Cookies
- English Toffee - try this wonderful classic sweet treat the healthier way: we are using whole wheat flour, brown sugar, and vegan chocolate chips. Yes - have a second helping without regret!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies - a healthy holiday cookie recipe with all the great taste of chocolate but much less fat and no cholesterol!
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Nutmeg - a delicious and healthy vegan cookie recipe that gets its kick from the festive nutmeg touch.
- Ginger Cookies - an easy and fast vegan cookie recipe - delicious and healthy at the same time!
- Pumpkin Cookies with Flaxseeds - a healthy cookie recipe for holiday favorites with a crunchy nutty bite.