Healthy Meals and Entree Recipes including easy Vegetarian Recipes for Curries, Pasta, Comfort Foods, and more
Healthy Entree Recipes
All these healthy meals can be enjoyed at any time of the year. I love cooking Thai food and have added some of our proven traditional and simplified Thai curry recipes to the healthy entrees below. My husband Muk makes the best Indian curries and has agreed to share some of his delightful vegetarian Indian curry recipes. My home country Germany also starts catching up to us vegetarians and I have included two great vegan entree recipes here.
Who doesn't like pasta? A fabulous noodle dish is a great opportunity to get the family together and enjoy a healthy entree for dinner. The selection below has a few nice vegetarian Asian and Italian recipes.
Comfort foods can be healthy meals too! All our main dishes are easy vegetarian recipes and most of them are already vegan recipes - where the use of dairy or eggs is described I have added the vegan version in brackets.
What is your Best Vegetarian Dinner Recipe that everybody loves?
Share your favorite veg recipe that gets rave reviews from your friends and family!
- Thai Curry with Tofu and Kale - this healthy entree is an easy and light green Thai curry that is loaded with nutrients.
- Thai Curry with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli - try this fast version of a vegetarian red curry with an interesting twist of sweet potatoes and tart mustard greens.
- Green Curry with Zucchini, Bamboo Shoots, and Fresh Basil - Thai curries make great healthy entry recipes - and this traditional spicy green curry is made exactly as the Thais do it.
- Red Curry with Red Bell Peppers, Snow Peas, and Tofu - traditional Thai curries can be wonderful healthy meals if you use light coconut milk as in this recipe..
- Red Curry with Seitan, Winter Vegetables, and Cashews - a wonderful addition to your healthy meals collection and vegan recipes. Seitan is a protein bomb and a good substitute for tofu.
- Panang Curry with Kale, Shitake Mushrooms, Bamboo, and Tofu - My special vegetarian curry recipe, very easy and so delicious. Muk swears by it and he is a tough Panang Curry critic!
- Aloo Mutter - Indian Curry with potatoes and green peas - One of our favorite Indian curries that we make at home. Muk's aloo mutter packs a good spice punch too!
- Seitan Recipe Indian Style with Broccoli - My attempt at a healthy Indian entree recipe. The seitan and broccoli do all the work - and delightfully so.
- Indian Curry with Potatoes and Spinach - this spunky Indian curry got Muk into our personal hall of fame for favorite Indian chefs and their healthy entree recipes. And it is vegan and super light!
Delicious Noodles and Pasta
- Penne alla Vodka Vegan Style! This delicious pasta sauce is traditionally rich and high calorie. Our vodka sauce, by contrary, is still very creamy but low fat, zero cholesterol - try it to believe it!
- Whole Wheat Penne with Green Asparagus Sauce - Italian herbs and red wine make this low calorie, low fat pasta sauce with asparagus irresisible!
- Pasta with Wild Mushrooms - there is something special about healthy meals with bold mushroom flavors. This vegatarian pasta dish is another proof.
- Chinese-style Pasta with Mustard Greens - the dark greens pack a bunch of nutrients and make this a very special healthy entree.
- Spicy Noodles with Shitake Mushrooms - this spicy rice noodle dish can be enjoyed warm, cold, or as noodle soup if you add more vegetable broth. It is a light healthy recipe for anytime.
- Spicy Sesame Soba Noodles - cold or warm, as starter or entree, I never say no to this one - and I bet you will agree when you try these delightful vegetarian soba noodles!
- Rice Noodles with Spinach in Shitake Mushroom Soup - a very delicious Vietnamese noodle soup vegetarian style and super healthy.
Healthy Comfort Foods
- Vegan Pizza with Eggplants, Tomatoes, and Spinach - yes we finally have a pizza recipe too and it's amazing. Try your favorite comfort food vegan style!
- Vegan Tamales - the tasty Mexican staple with a heart-healthy twist. Enjoy a mouth-watering tamal without the calories and bad cholesterol!
- Vegan Chile Relleno - gimme that without the cheese! We use a delicious mix of tofu and soy mozzarella in this all-time Mexican favorite. Give this healthier version a try and let your friends rave about it!
- Spicy Vegetarian Chili - nothing can be better than a steaming pot of spicy vegetarian chili! This meat-free version of the humble chili has bean protein galore and will get attention!
- Risotto with Squash - a nice vegetable variation of one of Italy's top healthy meals.
- Eggplant Ratatouille with Coriander - not just a hit since the cute rat in the movie "Ratatouille" made a version of it famous! This healthy entree recipe from France is a crowd pleaser.
- Vegetarian Meatloaf - of all the easy vegetarian recipes - this will be the centerpiece on your table and the talk of your next dinner party. A nutrition-loaded healthy main staple!
- Vegetarian Lasagna with Spinach and Mushrooms - this healthy recipe can be made vegetarian or vegan, and is sure to please even hardcore omnivores.
- Vegetarian Lasagna with Lentils and Coriander - the ingredients in this wonderful vegan lasagna add a Mediterranean flavor that works very well!
- Nutty Brussels Sprouts - the nutrient-packed vegetable in bestform for this German healthy meals version.
- Red Cabbage Sweet and Sour - a German staple that can be served with cooked or mashed potatoes.
- Chinese Spinach Recipe with garlic and tofu - a tasty and healthy spinach stir-fry with intense flavor.
- Spicy Collard Greens Recipe- Haak - a flavorful and healthy entree or side dish from Kashmir that you can spice up as mild or as pungent as you like.
- Vegetarian Fried Brown Rice with Shitake Mushrooms - the shitake mushrooms add a special flavor to this dish. Try the vegan version for a change!
What is your Best Vegetarian Dinner Recipe that everybody loves?
We'd love to know your secret for winning over your family and friends at the dinner table! Let us know about your great vegetarian recipe that is the star on the table and is craved by everyone - meat-eater or not.
Don't be shy to rave and tell us about the reactions you get when people try your yummy delight!
Also make sure to add a tasty picture if you have one.
The Best Vegetarian Dinner Recipes Other Readers have shared
Like you - some other readers have a secret weapon recipe that wins the hearts of their dinner guests. Find out more about their tasty secrets!
Ready for dessert? We have a great selection of guilt-free desserts and cookies.
Get your FREE eBook Healthy Dieting Tricks
and Sneaky Diet Saboteurs!
Sign up for our free newsletterand you will receive instant access to our 8-page eBook Healthy Dieting Tricks and learn about:
- Healthy weight loss diet tricks and facts
- Useful shopping tips for healthy dieters
- The good, the bad, and the ugly food choices for healthy weight loss
- Our favorite diet saboteurs: Chocolate, Sugar, Sodas, Alcohol, Salt
- And more
Sign up here and
get your free eBook today: