Healthy Sandwich with Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, and Chipotle Hot Sauce
This is the ultimate healthy sandwich from the garden for a warm day.
It provides good nutrients and a taste explosion! The secret of this hummus tomato sandwich lies in the mixture of hot sauce and seeds. Make sure to go lightly on the chipotle sauce for this healthy sandwich to not overpower the veggies.
We have cucumber, parsley, and dill seeds in this delicious lunch sandwich too, so you'll get a vitamin C kick on top of the grat flavor!
Serves: 2 / Ready in: 10 minutes / Calories per serving (1 slice): 80
Great for: vegan, heart healthy, healthy snack, healthy lunch, low calorie
Nutrients: fiber, protein, calcium, iron, vitamins A, C, E, K, B6; folate, zinc, thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper
- 4 slices of sprouted grains bread
- Spicy hummus (Athenos or Trader Joe’s are good)
- 1/4 fresh organic cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 organic tomato, cut in small slices
- 8 small leaves of organic Swiss chard or Chinese cabbage, washed
- 1/2 organic spring onion, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup of fresh organic parsley
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- Chipotle pepper hot sauce
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Toast the breads slices lightly and spread the hummus on them.
- Place 2 small leaves of swiss chard or Chinese cabbage on each bread. Add tomato, cucumber, and green onion pieces.
- Sprinkle lightly with a few dashes of chipotle hot sauce. Add a few sunflower and dill seeds to each sandwich.
- Garnish with parsley and add some ground black pepper.
Go back to top of Healthy Sandwich or look at the delicious Sandwich Wrap with Spinach and Ginger.