German Jagertee Recipe
This hot German tea with red wine and brandy is a great beverage to warm you up after holiday shopping on a cold winter day.
Pick your favorite red wine and brandy for this recipe to get the most flavor out of it. The spices, fresh fruits, and orange juice give this Jagertee recipe a special kick.
This is also a favorite beverage around the fireplace when the nights are long and dark. Better leave your car at home when enjoying it, as this hot German tea should not be under-estimated!
Great for: gluten-free, vegan
- 1 bottle dry red wine (zinfandel, merlot, burgundy, cabernet sauvignon, etc.)
- 1 pot of freshly brewed black tea
- 4 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 bottle schnapps or brandy
- 1/2 cup natural brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves, whole
- 1 organic lemon, sliced
- 1 organic orange, sliced
- In a large skillet, combine red wine, black tea, orange juice, brandy, sugar, cinnamon and cloves, and heat over medium heat. Make sure not to boil. Add lemon and orange slices.
- Serve hot in heat resistant glass or ceramic tumbler. Garnish with an orange or lemon slice. For additional sweetening, you can offer candy on a stick along with the tea.