Potent Kale Smoothie Recipe With Bananas, Mint Leaves And Nutritious Hemp Seeds
A new favorite creation in the Belsandia kitchen is this powerful kale smoothie with bananas and grapes for sweetness; organic mint leaves for a great fresh taste, and raw organic hemp seeds for an extra load of protein, fiber, and some important minerals.
There is hardly a better green food for your body than kale: it offers numerous cancer-fighting ingredients and works to lower yuor cholesterol too! What better way to get your daily dose of kale than an easy and super delicious breakfast smoothie?
While hemp seeds are nutritional powerhouses and great complete protein sources, go easy on them if you want stay low on the fat.
Serves: 2 / Ready in: 5 minutes
Nutrients: protein, fiber, iron, vitamins A, B6, C,K calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, fat, thiamin, zinc, copper, potassium, omega-3
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 medium banana, cut into large chunks
- 3/4 cup organic red grapes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup organic rice milk (or use filtered water to dilute)
- 2 teaspoons organic ground flax seeds (flaxmeal)
- 1 teaspoon organic raw vegan protein powder
- 1 teaspoon raw shelled hemp seeds
Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until everything is nicely mixed with some pulp remaining. Leaving some bites and crunchy pieces makes this smoothie a great healthy and filling breakfast option.
Find other healthy breakfast smoothies here.