Our low calorie meals and low fat low calorie recipes below taste great and have none of the saturated fats, refined sugars, or sodium
Healthy Low Calorie Meals
Well-balanced low calorie meals provide you with a healthy weight loss through all of the essential nutrients, but none of the excess fats, sugars, or salt.
Most low fat low calorie recipes cut the fat first, but it is also important to eliminate other nutrition sources that obstruct weight loss or a healthy digestion. Each of the free low calorie recipes in our list below includes weight loss tips that carefully avoid refined sugars and excess salt. We use only natural, whole ingredients in our low calorie meals, that add nutrients and fiber, which drastically help you with a gradual, healthy weight loss.
Sustainable weight loss plans are possible with a healthy, longer term lifestyle change, but most comercialized weight loss plans and diet programs thrive on the myth of having you lose excess weight in record time, by selling you costly diet programs with low calorie meals that target weight loss with an unhealthy, one-sided approach (i.e. low carb diets). This will lead to weight loss in the short term, but as soon as you eat "normal" again, the weight will come back, tempting you into another diet, and yet another one after that.. It's the well-known yo-yo effect of low carb diets and many others. On top of that, a low carb diet dangerously deprives you of the essential nutrients for your brain and your red blood cells.
Carbohydrates are the number 1 energy provider for your body - not protein, as is often falsely assumed. The trick to fast, permanent, and healthy weight loss with low calorie meals is to cut out bad fat, processed sugars, and excess sodium. Carbohydrates are very good for you and will promote a healthy weight loss if they are complex and whole, such as in brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or sprouted grain bread.
Therefore, all of our low calorie meals, low fat snacks, and low calorie desserts are vegan and free of animal ingredients, to provide you the maximum health benefits and the minimum of calories - while never compromising great taste and the enjoyment of eating delicious food.
We use unprocessed whole foods in our low fat low calorie recipes, which promote a healthy metabolism and allow your body to store the essential nutrients it needs, while easily disposing of the rest.
Delicious Low Fat Snacks
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - a great healthy snack for in-between or on travels.
- Hot and Sour Cucumber Sticks - a fresh and tasty low fat snack from China.
- Colorful Lettuce Bites - this low calorie snack comes with fresh veggies and an irresistible sauce.
- Edamame with Ginger-Soy Sauce - these fresh soy beans pack tons of proteins and other nutrients - while they have none of the fat and calories.
- Tahini Dip - this light and healthy dip can even be enjoyed as spread on your sandwiches.
Great Low Calorie Appetizers
- Tom Yum Soup - Thailand's most popular soup is a festival of tastes with very few calories in our healthy version.
- Guacamole Picante - our favorite version of the very nutritious avocado dip.
- Gujarati Carrot Salad - a wonderful fresh and low calorie recipe that has many vitamins.
- Oriental Lentil Salad - a hearty and healthy appetizer with a good helping of proteins.
- Tabouleh Salad - so tasty that you can eat a second helping and still enjoy healthy weight loss..
- Stuffed Mushrooms - great party pleasers and totally guilt-free in this vegan version.
Easy Low Calorie Meals
- Whole Wheat Penne with Green Asparagus Sauce - nutrition and great taste make this low calorie recipe irresistible.
- Vegan Tamales - a Mexican favorite vegan style with all the flavors and much less calories.
- Eggplant Ratatouille with Coriander - this low fat vegan recipe has so much taste - try it to believe it!
- Pasta with Wild Mushrooms - try this delicious low calorie meal version of the pasta dish - it sheds the calories but none of the taste.
- Chinese Pasta with Mustard Greens - the healthy dark greens have a long list of nutrients and make a fine addition to the whole wheat pasta.
- Spicy Sesame Soba Noodles - a healthy Asian low calorie recipe for cold or hot days.
- Rice Noodles with Spinach in Shitake Mushroom Soup - this low fat Vietnamese soup vegan style is great for days when you want to warm up.
- Seitan Curry Indian Style with Broccoli - seitan adds the proteins and the broccoli adds minerals and vitaminst - what a perfect combination for a low calorie recipe!
- Indian Potato and Spinach Curry - Muk has mastered the art of cooking vegan Indian curries that you can eat without spending 2 hours on the treadmill afterwards.
- Spicy Collard Greens - Haak - powerful healthy greens and spice - there is no better way to shed the pounds than this hearty low calorie meal.
- Spicy Vegetarian Chili - this chili satisfies for hours and does not carry a heavy calorie footprint. Enjoy it as low fat snack or as healthy low calorie main course.
- Red Cabbage Sweet and Sour - a German staple that is one of the highly nutritious and tasty low calorie meals.
Delightful Low Calorie Desserts
- Almond Carob Pudding - a healthy dessert recipe with all the taste and very few calories.
- Chocolate Cinnamon Walnut Cake - who says you can't have cake on a diet? You can have this light delicious cake without any remorse!
- Pumpkin Custard Pie with Fat-free Pie Crust - this yummy pie is a great winter favorite and it ranks among low calorie desserts for us, because it is very light, vegan, and fat-free.
Get your FREE eBook Healthy Dieting Tricks
and Sneaky Diet Saboteurs!
Sign up for our free newsletterand you will receive instant access to our 8-page eBook Healthy Dieting Tricks and learn about:
- Healthy weight loss diet tricks and facts
- Useful shopping tips for healthy dieters
- The good, the bad, and the ugly food choices for healthy weight loss
- Our favorite diet saboteurs: Chocolate, Sugar, Sodas, Alcohol, Salt
- And more