Chinese Pasta Recipe with Mustard Greens
This delicious Chinese pasta recipe with mustard greens uses fusili pasta, but you can replace it with any other favorite pasta version.
The dark leafy mustard greens add extra nutrients to this already healthy dish. Mustard greens provide many minerals and a great tangy flavor.
You can also replace with pasta dish with other greens like kale or spinach for a new twist.
Great for: heart healthy, low cholesterol, low calorie, vegan
Nutrients: fiber, iron, vitamins A, B6, and C, protein, calcium, manganese, magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus
- 3 1/2 cups of whole wheat fusili (spirals) pasta
- A dash of light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 lb of mustard greens, washed, drained, and shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 8 scallions, peeled and shredded
- 5-6 tablespoons light organic soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Boil the pasta in water with a dash of olive oil to avoid sticking. When the pasta still has a good bite, take if off the heat, drain it and set aside covered.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds and add the carrot ribbons. Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes and add the shredded scallions and mustard greens. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Stir in the soy sauce, sesame seeds, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the pasta and cook for another 2 minutes, serve immediately.
Go back to top of Pasta Recipe with Mustard Greens or looka at our tasty Pasta with Green Asparagus Sauce.
Find more ideas for healthy meals and dinner entrees..