Crunchy Potato Snack with Peanuts
This lighter and healthier potato snack made with Indian spices is great for in-between snacking without adding hidden calories.
Try this tasty alternative to the usual potato chips that are high in sodium and fat. The peanuts and spice variation give this Indian potato snack a tasty edge over its competition.
Serves: 4 / Ready in: 20 minutes
Great for: heart healthy, healthy snack, vegan
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small strings
- 8 oz dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan. Stir the cumin and turmeric quickly into the oil.
- Mix in the potato sticks and cook until golden and aromatic. Stir in the peanuts and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- For a healthier version of the snack, bake them in the oven instead of frying in the pan.
- Cool the mixture and store in an airtight container until use.