Pumpkin Cookies with Flaxseeds
These tasty and moist pumpkin cookies come with a nutty crunch and make a great healthy dessert.
No butter or eggs are used in this vegan recipe. Instead, we are adding flavor with the flaxseeds, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
This means you can have a few more without having to watch the scale!
Great for: heart healthy, low cholesterol, healthy dessert, vegan
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw sugar
- 4 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups solid-pack canned pumpkin
- 1 cup organic raisins
Directions for pumpkin cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Set aside.
- Blend the flaxseeds and 1 cup of water in a blender for 1-2 minutes until the mixture has the consistency of beaten egg white. Add this to the bowl, along with the pumpkin, remaining water, and raisins. Mix well until all is combined.
- Place spoonfuls of the batter onto an ungreased baking sheet, and press each one into a rounded shape. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.