Raw Carrot Salad with Fennel, Fresh Mint, and Black Basil Seeds
This raw carrot salad is flavorful, juicy, crunchy, tangy, and everything else it should be! It’s an easy, fast summer carrot fennel salad that can be prepared in 15 minutes. The carrots have a lot of fiber, so this salad is also a great filler for a light lunch or a snack in-between.
Serves: 6 - 8 / Ready in: 15 minutes / Calories per serving: 90
Great for: vegan, raw, gluten-free, heart healthy, healthy snack, healthy lunch, low calorie
- 12 medium carrots, finely sliced
- 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp flax oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp unprocessed sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper or more to taste
- 2 tsp black basil seeds
Combine the carrots, mint, green onions, and fennel in a large bowl. In a jar, combine lemon juice, oil, salts, pepper, basil seeds; cover and shake. Pour over salad and toss gently.