Fresh Sandwich Wrap with Spinach, Sesame and Ginger
This healthy sandwich wrap has everything: protein, vitamins, spice, and flavor galore with an Asian hint!
Enjoy this yummy tortilla wrap as light lunch or healthy sandwich snack. The veggie sandwich also works well as healthy school lunch.
Serves: 2 / Ready in: 10 minutes / Calories per serving (1 wrap): 90
Great for: vegan, heart healthy, healthy snack, healthy lunch, low calorie
Nutrients: fiber, protein, calcium, iron, vitamins A, C, E, K, B6; folate, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, zinc
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- spicy hummus (Athenos or Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 fresh organic cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 organic red bell pepper, cut in small slices
- 1/2 organic spring onion, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach
- 1 serrano chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- vegan oyster sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
- Warm the tortillas for 20 seconds in the microwave and spread the hummus on them.
- Place a half cup of spinach leaves on each tortilla wrap.
- Add red pepper, cucumber, and spring onions. Add a few dashes of vegan oyster sauce on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle ginger and chopped chili over tortilla to taste. Sprinkle the sesame seeds. Add ground black pepper to taste.
- Fold-in one small part of the tortilla and wrap the sides around it, so that the bottom serves as a pocket that holds all the goodies, while the top of the wrap remains open for you to enjoy.