Spicy Soba Noodles with Sesame And Ginger
A wonderful soba noodles recipe that is slightly punchy and crunchy.
The sesame seeds add a nutty flavor and the ginger adds vitamins and a tangy, enjoyable taste.
You can serve these soba noodles hot, warm, or cold.
Great for: heart healthy, low cholesterol, low calorie, vegan, gluten-free
Nutrients: carbohydrates, protein, vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, potassium
- 1 pack whole wheat soba noodles (use rice noodles for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green serrano chiles, chopped
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce or shoyu (use tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Toast thes esame seeds on medium heat in a coated pan or with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil until they are slightly golden.
- Cook the noodles as per package descriptions and drain. Transfer to serving dish and cover.
- In a medium skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat and saute the spring onions, red bell pepper, and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, chile, and soy sauce, and saute another minute. Toss with the noodles.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve warm or cold.
Go back to top of Soba Noodles page. or take a look at another one of our spicy noodles dishes that combines rice noodles with shitake mushrooms.